about 1 year ago
This role provides expertise in analyzing learning needs and designing training solutions for a business or function, and designs and delivers training solutions for roles requiring an understanding of concepts, methods and procedures. The individual in this role will be responsible for the overall execution and effectiveness of training delivered to the local workforce of the Newark, DE site.
* Lead the development of training curriculums that are in compliance with regulatory, GE quality procedures and technical processes
* Work with functional owners to:
i. Design courses, including training materials / aides
ii. Identify initial and recurrent training requirements
iii. Develop positive means to assess course effectiveness and trainee proficiency
iv. Improve overall trainer effectiveness through skills coaching and material refinement
* Schedule and coordinate all Newark facility training events (Technician, Facility-Wide, systems, soft-skills)
* Serve as focal for development and maintenance of a plant wide course catalog
* Responsible for accurate revision control of all training materials / aides, as well as, timely updates to training, and keeping up to date on new and future training needs
* Coordinate the development of necessary classes to meet evolving needs, including computer-based training modules
* Act as liaison between the various site functional teams to ensure compliance and comprehensive system training integration
* Audit focal for all training-related matters involving FAA, GE Auditors and external Auditors
* Responsible for maintaining an accurate and auditable plant-wide training-record system
* Schedule training for employees at all levels to satisfy internal procedures, business needs and requirements with all relevant regulatory bodies
* Conduct analysis of course feedback and develop course improvements
* Assist in all regulatory audits of training programs
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Training Design and Delivery
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.