about 1 year ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role will be working alongside a team of engineers of varying experience to develop and support products primarily in the aerospace market. This individual will be responsible for supporting product design engineering by leading the creation and execution of test procedures, the development of necessary text fixtures and root cause investigations related to all testing phases. This support includes new product development, field repairs, research and occasional production support.
In addition you will :
* Provide project oversight on aerospace test projects from initial design through release including:
* Review specifications
* Develop cost and schedule estimates as well as communicate current project status, issues and developments
* Design and write test software to meet test program needs
* Instrument test setups for proper data acquisition
* Creation and execution of verification and validation procedures
* Prepare material for and participate in customer reviews and presentations
* Be capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard test engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
* Be responsible for the technical adequacy of test procedures, methods, and instrumentation to the test objectives stated by the lab customer
* Work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of varying complexity and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
* Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with best engineering practices
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering, scientific or related technical role (Including experience modeling in SolidWorks or a similar tool)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Flexibility to work non-standard shifts and/or weekends on an as needed (<20%) basis with proper notice
* Ability to handle and lift objects of 25 pounds
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Fluency in the English language
* Experience designing and operating test equipment in a high pressure, temperature and flow pneumatic environment
* Working knowledge of pneumatic systems such as an understanding of the relationships between pressure drop and flow or mass flow and temperature
* Experience programming in LabVIEW
* Basic knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW software
* Background and understanding of aircraft air management systems
* Working knowledge of related SAE aerospace standards
* Knowledge of standards such as DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-810
* Good aptitude for “hands-on” mechanical activities including troubleshooting skills for mechanical equipment (including valves, compressors, basic electrical, plumbing, pneumatics, etc.)
* Ability and understanding of how to instrument test systems for pressure temperature, flow, torque, etc.
* Working knowledge of vibration test equipment, fixture design, testing standards end execution of vibe tests
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.