3 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/31/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/14/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Lead - Technical Publications
The role of the Lead, Technical Publications in Technical Operations, WestJet’s maintenance division, is to lead the technical publications function. They are responsible for supporting the vision of technical publications, specifically including the use of content/document management systems and distribution strategies across work groups.
* Defines/maintains Technical Operations documentation standards and processes for Technical Operations material (manuals, bulletins, forms, etc.) and technical documentation vendors.
* Ensures the timely creation, revision, organization, and preparation of original and revised material for publication, obtains internal/regulatory compliance approvals.
* Ensures material and writing assignments meet end user needs, are coordinated with Content Owners and departmental Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and accomplished according to set standards regarding layout, order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
* Ensures material is coordinated with Technical Operations Leadership and other departments (Flight Operations, Inflight, Treasury etc) as may be required to ensure standard content consistency across the organization.
* Ensures quality control checks of all company issued revisions, bulletins and temporary revisions prior to internal/regulatory approvals.
* Ensures, distribution of publications, including access to OEM Websites, fill requests for manuals, forms and other technical documentation.
* Ensures communications to end users and stakeholders of revised company and OEM material.
* Sets realistic performance goals, resolves conflicts, and establishes realistic standards; adapts to change, creates strong positive relations, and is fully accountable to for the actions of the department.
* Performs administrative duties associated with Technical Publications Department.
* Maintains awareness of industry trends and changes in technology and adapts.
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relative experience is required.
* Experience with airline and aircraft manufacturer’s technical documentation.
* Knowledgeable of airline industry practices.
* Knowledge regarding Content and Document Management Systems, and mobile distribution strategies.
* Trained and proficient in the use of publications software and Internet based programs, FrameMaker preferred and familiarity/experience with structured document creation utilizing desktop publishing software, XML desirable.
* Excellent written and oral communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent skills in correction of English language grammar and spelling.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.