about 1 year ago
The Lead Systems Engineer / Technologist will be responsible for working as a Lead Engineer with full responsibility from concept, requirements, design, development, testing an electrical power system.
In the role of Lead Systems Engineer / Technologist, you will utilize your power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to work with the customer in defining, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting requirements. You will help in certifying electric power systems on commercial airplanes.
In addition, as the Lead Systems Engineer / Technologist, you will:
* Design Power Systems Architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
* Utilize your power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to work with the customer in defining requirements
* Derive system interfaces
* Work with subsystem leads in developing, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting requirements
* Perform system analysis, safety analysis, modeling, and simulation
* Lead development of systems test environment
* Lead development of system test plans and procedures
* Lead system test execution, analysis of test data
* Work with developing and releasing test reports to customers
* Define Safety of Flight and Qualification tests and ensure that critical safety aspects of electric system is tested and verified to enable flight test program
* Develop and execute objectives for yourself and others; have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals
* Maintain scope baseline
* Work with both real-time and non-real-time systems, such as hardware-in-the-loop and computer-in-the-loop simulations and be able to distribute these simulations
* Document the results of analyses and studies in technical reports
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Controls, Power Electronics or Systems Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a related systems Engineering discipline
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally
* Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, and work well in a team environment
* Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Aviation systems Engineering experience
* Knowledge of ARP4754A, ARP4761
* Design Power Systems Architectures in co-operation with aircraft OEMs
* Experience in creating and performing system tests
* Hands on experience of systems design lifecycle within aerospace or similar industry
* Experience with system modeling and simulation
* An understanding of embedded software
* Software development skills using C / C++, Python, or PERL
* Strong problem solving ability
* Strong leadership skills
* Requirements Management experience using DOORS, plus experience using change and configuration management processes / tools
* Use of system design and modeling tools, e.g. : MATLAB / Simulink, SCADE
* Ability to work with cross functional teams in a global environment
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Dayton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.