12 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Quality Engineer will demonstrate leadership in communicating quality goals, programs and processes that meet business need. In the role of Lead Quality Engineer, you will utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for customers, self, and others and have the ability effect short-term and some long-term Quality goals.
In addition, as Lead Quality Engineer, you will :
* Provide customer support & communication reacting to customer needs around Quality issues associated with hardware provided by the business
* Work with Customer Programs Leaders, Manufacturing Engineers, supervisors, and hourly associates to resolve customer issues
* Work with Material Review Board to disposition nonconforming material
* Conduct investigations on failed hardware and utilize quality tools to determine root cause and develop corrective actions
* Work with Supplier Quality Engineers on supplier issues impacting company made hardware
* Support development and implementation of Quality systems such as APQP, AS9145, and PPAP
* Conduct training to engineers and hourly associates on quality assurance concepts and tools
* Support specific assigned hardware and associated process oversight by working directly with Manufacturing Engineers, supervisors, and hourly associates
* Support both internal and external auditing activities related to AS9100 and customer requirements
* Contribute to Quality Management System for site through monitoring processes from a Quality perspective and contributing to the quality improvement plans
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Quality
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated skill in root cause / corrective action
* Prior experience in areas of quality assurance such as:
* incoming material control
* process control
* systems performance
* product evaluation
* and metrology
* Six Sigma Training / Ability to apply statistical methods to analysis of engineering problems
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements (CE / UL / CSA / FAA / CAAC)
* Experience in/understanding of FAA FAR part 121 and FAR part 145
* Prior experience with AS9100 and / or Certified Lead Auditor experience
* Fluency in Spanish
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Florida; Jacksonville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.