4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As part of GE’s Ceramic Matrix Composites Integrated Product Team which is responsible for industrializing and operationalizing a cutting edge material system, the Lead Planning and Execution Specialist will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules.
In addition, the Lead Manufacturing Specialist will :
* Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs
* Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs
* Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve lead time and yield metrics
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
* Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
* Deliver products as part of a team
* Work on cross functional teams (Quality, Engineering, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Experience with Oracle ERP systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.