3 months ago
Position Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer (Design)
Design products of an electro-mechanical and circuit protection nature. Responsible for complete designs from concept to qualification including direction of outsourced suppliers. Plan, coordinate, and execute development projects while meeting established technical, schedule and quality requirements. Verify completed layouts, drawings, ECOs, and BOMs for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications and accuracy of calculations, and GD&T. Work with system engineers and program management to implement design in terms of manufacturing, service, and cost trade-offs. Implement the procedures necessary to evaluate the design and to ensure conformance to customer requirements. Prepare design review material in support of PDR, CDR. Implement internal technical and engineering practices and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
* •Create new products and modify existing products to support customer, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirements through the use of CAD modeling techniques.
* •Analyzes drawing models using, but not limited to, the following analytical tools: ProE, finite element analysis, matlab, stress analysis, thermal analysis, dynamic analysis, etc.
* •Create or calculate reliability analysis, tolerance stack ups, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA).
* •Participate on multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams.
* •Prepare, review, and approve the documentation required to define and control products. Prepare design proposals to present to customer once design is finalized. Support design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
* •Coordinate and support the prototype manufacturing of products. Including DFA/DFM analysis for optimal manufacturability.
* •Create and implement test procedures for products based on product requirements and customer specifications. Monitor testing and analyze data to verify performance of the prototype product to customer and design specifications. Review and approve test reports.
* •Conduct failure analysis examinations and prepare Failure Analysis Reports (FAR) of findings.
* •Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
* •Participate in defining engineering approaches including the planning and scheduling of work, participating in cost reduction activities in support of plant level cost out goals.
* •Ensure the successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints. Prepare and present project status at monthly project review meetings
* •Regular, predictable attendance is required
* •Other tasks may be assigned by manager
* •Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
* •Six years of related experience
* •Modeling and simulation experience
* •Mechanical stress and fatigue experience
* •Kinematics and dynamics experience
* •CAD/CAE: Pro/E Suite, Ansys, MatLab
* •Technical writing experience
* •Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
* •This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* •Master's Degree from an accredited institution
* •Experience with aerospace industry, military standards, and industry standards
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.