5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Mechanical Engineering Lead for first of its kind multi-million dollar CVD operation. Part of GE’s Ceramic Matrix Composites Integrated Product Team which is responsible for industrializing and operationalizing new raw material production systems.
In addition you will :
* Safely and compliantly support uptime in manufacturing environment
* Support and lead equipment and technology upgrade projects that drive continuous improvement, production stability and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
* Responsible for identifying production downtime root cause and implementing efficient and sustainable solutions / corrective actions
* Responsible for executing work with minimal instruction and delivering business results
* Proactively identify production and reliability improvement opportunity
* Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering design, production processes, manufacturing
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Ability to support 24 / 7 operations
* Mechanical engineering degree from an accredited university or college preferred
* Minimum of 6 years experience in engineering design, production processes, manufacturing
* Knowledge of mechanical systems including vacuum, high temperature and chemical processes preferred
* Experience in managing projects to improve process technology and production efficiency
* Self-motivated individual with experience working in dynamic cross-functional teams
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated aptitude for the development of novel concepts, devices and systems including innovative approach to problem solving
* Basic understanding of process control systems
* Ability to influence others and lead team
* Ability to manage projects including balancing production priorities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to support 24 / 7 operations including ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
* Experience in mechanical design, modeling, stress and load analysis preferred
* Experience with mechanical systems and electronics used to handle and control transport of high modulus fiber in vacuum, with silicon carbide fiber experience preferred
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.