5 months ago
The Lead Mechanic essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Lead team members to observe and understand all company policies and procedures. Including established systems compliance, safety practices and procedures, performance of overhaul and repair work IAW approved technical data, human resources policies, etc.
• Train and assist team members in proper work procedures and practices.
• Train team members to complete all maintenance or alteration processes IAW established standard work processes.
• Ensure that they are thoroughly familiar with the use of all tooling, equipment, technical data and inspection aids for their assigned area of responsibility
• Ensure maintenance operations are performed in the appropriate sequence, that inspections are requested in an orderly and timely manner and that maintenance activities are performed according to the appropriate maintenance data and customer requirements.
• Review and confirm work scope of work orders prior to assigning to a team member.
• Assist with the scheduling and assigning of work to team members in support of on time delivery.
• Deliver work orders with the required spare parts to perform work to assigned team members.
• Track and communicate status of assigned work orders daily.
• Response to team member needs and communicate roadblocks or delays to Product line Leader .
• Cover for absent team members to avoid interrupting the flow.
• lead and support the cell's 5's housekeeping effort.
• lead and support the performance of preventive maintenance of machines and equipment as assigned.
• Perform start-up and shut down activities of the production facility as assigned
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
2 years' experience performing maintenance on articles within a FAA regulated environment. knowledge, experience and/or training required to perform the assigned task