7 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnectionsGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will meet day-to-day short-term objectives, resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning, and support longer term goals/objectives for the business and for your own professional development.
* Technical process ownership for structural and combustion hardware for aircraft engines. Specific focus on machining and sheet metal work
* Work with quality engineers to ensure existing production processes achieve established metrics
* Work cross functionally with design engineers, quality engineers, and machine operators to develop processes for new work to meet required business outcomes
* Translate technical processes and methods to train and empower production employees in the manufacturing techniques required for greatest yield effectiveness & equipment capability
* Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Process and Equipment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Prior experience with machining and sheet metal work. (Brazing, heat treat, welding, EDM etc.)
* Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing/operations/engineering) (GE employees only)
* Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
* Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
* Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
* Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, Kepner Tregoe (KT), etc.
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
* Ability to work in a matrix organization
* Strong influencing skills
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.