6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will meet day-to-day short-term objectives, resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning, and support longer term goals/objectives for the business and for your own professional development.
* Technical process ownership for structural and combustion hardware for aircraft engines. Specific focus will be on CNC machining and welding
* Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics
* Translate technical processes and methods to train and empower production employees in the manufacturing techniques required for greatest yield effectiveness & equipment capability
* Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years of additional experience in Production Process and Equipment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Prior experience with machining, welding, and Non-Destructive Testing (FPI and X-Ray)
* Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
* Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
* Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
* Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, Kepner Tregoe (KT), etc.
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
* Ability to work in a matrix organization
* Strong influencing skills
* Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing/operations/engineering) (GE employees only)
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.