4 months ago
The EPISCenter Lead Maintainability and Testability (M&T) Engineer will be responsible for developing M&T program plans, leading the M&T program execution, and developing practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of M&T activities, will have responsibility for work that is less defined in scope, and will utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
The EPISCenter Lead M&T Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of leading projects including analyzing requirements, modeling, writing specifications, managing suppliers, leading teams, managing cost and schedule, subsystem validation, verification and demonstration, and providing support for testing. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, plus have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
In addition, you will:
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Generate M&T requirements and allocate to the system, subsystem and unit levels using guidance in ARINC 604, MIL-HDBK-1814, MIL-STD-1472
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Perform maintainability prediction analysis (Mean Time To Replace (MTTR), Maximum Maintenance Time (Mmax), Remove/Replace, Reliability Centered Maintenance using accepted methodologies, such as MIL-HDBK-470A, MIL-HDBK-472, ATA MSG-3
• Perform testability/Built-In Test (BIT) analysis using accepted methodologies, such as MIL-HDBK-2165
• Develop maintainability and/or testability demonstration programs in accordance with accepted methodologies, such as MIL-STD-471
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Maintainability, and Testability or related discipline
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the development and analysis of electrical power generation and conversion products
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated track record of leading technical teams
• Ability to guide and influence others
• Familiarity with Reliability Engineering concepts (FMEA (MIL-STD-1629, ARP5580), Predictions (MIL-STD-217, NPRD, EPRD, Weibull, Crow-AMSAA), Reliability Growth Testing)
• Understanding of circuit design and analysis
• Familiarity with software design (DO-178) and verification
• Familiarity with complex logic design (DO-254) and verification
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering (ARP-4754) process.
• Understanding of the principles of the entire engineering development process, the associated documentation flow and associated tools
• Strong technical aptitude, including engineering tools and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Understanding and use of Microsoft Office applications
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Dayton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.