about 1 year ago
Performs and maintains proper inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Service Center in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer's recommendations.
1. Performs a variety of duties necessary to inspect aircraft purchased parts and equipment received from vendor, subcontractor or on consignment in accordance with standard inspection procedures, purchase orders, blueprints, drawings and/or catalog and applicable specifications
a. Inspects aircraft hardware and equipment to vendor and aircraft drawings or specifications
b. Performs visual and dimensional inspection and check for possible transit damage on all purchased parts
2. Maintains inspection procedures or records per established Quality Department procedures
3. Responsible for sending all applicable instruments to the functional test area for final testing and approval
4. Uses a variety of measuring instruments such as micrometers, scale, calipers and plug gages
5. Responsible to be acquainted with Airworthiness Standards, general operating and flight rules, certifications and operations, and repair stations
6. Responsible for guiding, instructing and scheduling the work of three or more inspectors of lower classification on a crew.
7. Performs other related duties as required
o High school diploma - required
o A&P license - required
o Minimum of 5 years’ diversified A&P mechanic experience on jet and turboprop 100 hour and annual service experience
o Minimum of 2 years’ inspection experience
o Knowledge of mainframe computer systems and the use of blueprints, specifications and arithmetic
o Broad knowledge of jet, turboprop and piston airframe and engine principles, mechanical systems, aircraft instruments and equipment
o Familiarization with applicable FAA regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
: US-New York-Newburgh
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Team Leader
: Second Shift
: 04/04/2018, 4:00:47 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.