10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the design, maintenance, and test methods for the Surface & Environmental Materials Behaviors Wear Test rigs and will complete test setup, testing, measurements, and documentation for multiple types of testing methodologies and systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of lab operations, including test, maintenance, documentation, and machine design for new machines or upgrades.
* Create machine prints, test procedures, machine maintenance manual, and other test-related documents
* Design machine upgrades, coordinate preventative maintenance, and complete basic lab management tasks
-Understanding and implementing data acquisition techniques
* Complete specimen preparation, test setup, and test completion of various testing types
* Set up and operate equipment, record data and perform in process verification and customer communication
* Assist other personnel as needed
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a test or machine design environment
* Ability and willingness to use & understand mechanical / electrical measuring tools and equipment
* Ability and willingness to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, work instructions, and manuals, etc.
* Ability and willingness to read, interpret and document technical data
* Ability and willingness to lift 25 lbs
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Ability to perform safety sensitive work in the future, and would be subject at that time to random drug and alcohol testing under Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
* Ability to comply with all safety rules, wear all required PPE, and report any safety concerns and injuries immediately
* Strong Electronic knowledge
* Strong Mechanical knowledge
* Troubleshooting experience in electronic and mechanical fields
* Strong Hydraulic knowledge
* Can-do attitude, energetic and willing to learn
-Knowledge of Instron and MTS test systems
* Significant Microsoft excel experience
* Detail oriented
* Experience with UG, Solidworks, and/or Autodesk Inventor
* Labview or PLC programming experience
* Tack welding experience
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.