6 months ago
The Computing and Networking (PCS) Network Products Systems Engineering Lead is accountable for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will manage the systems efforts for the network switch product, assist the business with the Network Products road maps and support Network Products adoption across multiple platforms.
This position will be responsible for leading the systems efforts for the networking product family in cooperation and alignment with the PCS Technical Managers and PCS business partners. This role has overall accountability for all systems engineering duties for the Networking Products product line. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to the networking products project teams to insure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
* Manage the Systems Engineering Lifecycle for the networking products.
* Assist Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Business Leaders in new pursuits.
* Cross train PCS Systems Engineers on the requirements, functionality and capability of the networking product line.
* Drive and support engineering reuse within the product line.
* Provide technical leadership to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
* Ensure timely delivery of networking products systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
* Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, the overall product line strategy and engineering process requirements.
* Drive the development of intellectual property (patents and trademarks) to support the product line.
* Lead interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, reliability and certification teams ensuring timely delivery of networking products requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and timely issue resolution.
* Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in design & development and/or technical project leadership within an engineering product development environment.
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Systems Engineering Process Background
* Prior experience managing or designing within a product area
* Prior experience with identification and collection of metrics and effective use of metrics to maintain systems cost and schedule performance
* Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety
* Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company
* Ability to lead teams in Agile development and integration of systems.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.