10 months ago
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes in the area of Electromagnetic product design. Participate in SMPE (Special Military Products Engineering) teams. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition you will :
* Execute with minimal guidance the Electromagnetic analysis, design, test, and product integration activities required to define and support the assigned Special Military Products Inlet / Exhaust components / systems that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirement
* Provide EM product design leadership to personnel supporting assigned projects
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on cross functional teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical EM data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited University or College
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense Security Clearance
* BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College
* MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College
* Significant experience in RCS design of inlet / exhaust engine components
* Demonstrated knowledge and fundamental understanding of RCS design, analysis prediction tools, and EM lab & radar range measurement techniques
* Solid oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* PC / Workstation computations proficiency
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.