11 months ago
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of Lead Engineer, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Lead Engineer, you will:
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited
university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4
years of engineering other technical experience)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering
position in the design of engine monitoring and control sensors
* Experience documenting components and testing
* Experience working with supply chain or manufacturing
* Previous ownership of design projects set in harsh work
* Proof of concept experience as an individual
contributor throughout the entire life cycle of a product
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Electrical component design of pressure
sensors, speed sensors, vibration sensors and temperature controls
* Experience with FAA Certification Agencies or the
Department of Defense
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Experience working with engine components
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.