3 months ago
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University. Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Platform and Test Software Product Security Lead Engineer will be responsible for development of various embedded product security software applications based on strategies for the aerospace industry. In the role of Platform and Test Software Product Security Lead Engineer, you will work with Product Security Architects and Systems Engineers under defined requirements / security objectives and processes to develop secure software applications using your low-level embedded experience.
In addition, the Platform and Test Software Product Security Lead Engineer will :
* Report to the assigned Product Security Principle Investigator and functionally report to the Engineering Technical Manager
* Perform full life cycle software development tasks including:
* and release activities
* Ability to discuss product security risk assessments with audiences of various technical & business backgrounds
* Utilize strong knowledge in current product security threats, trends, and mitigation.
* Perform security research on the latest best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques, and technology frameworks
* Work closely with architects and systems engineers to develop low-level software to interface with security related hardware components
* Work closely with product teams, and share knowledge and approaches for deploying more secure products
* Accountable for project execution including scope, schedule, cost, technical and quality for work product and communicate development progress through earned value metrics
* Identify and resolve project issues within development teams, escalating when required and ensure overall project deliverables are met
* Execute Platform & Test Software section reuse strategies and processes
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with a DO-178B / C DAL D or higher software development program (Including verification process knowledge of DO-178B / C DAL B or higher)
* Minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience with a high degree of focus on real-time embedded systems for avionics platforms
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in product security software development, integrating security best practices and tools
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Secure Boot and Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Board Support Package (BSP) Development with Security Focus on Drivers
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Encryption Methods (Symmetric / Asymmetric) and Encryption Principles / Standards
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Secure Communication Protocols
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating FPGA Security Design Methodologies
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Wind River / Linux Development Platform Experience
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating Board Support Packages for various Operating Systems (Wind River VxWorks, GreenHills Integrity, Hypervisor Technology, Linux, RTOS)
* Experience with developing, porting and/or integrating IPSec Protocols
* Experience in ARINC 653 partitioned operating environment a plus
* Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
* Comfortable with fast-paced, schedule driven development
* Proven team building and problem-solving abilities
* Strong in-depth knowledge of avionics products
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skill
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.