5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Lead Engineer you will:
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
* Minimum of 5 years of aircraft engine test facilities engineering experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.