3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Platform and Test Software Lead Engineer will be responsible leading teams for embedded software development for various product based programs. In the role of Platform and Test Software Lead Engineer, based on your previous experience developing software within team environments, you will lead assigned project(s) as well as team members for planning, scheduling, developing, integrating, and executing under defined requirements and processes leading to final product deliveries.
In addition, as the Platform and Test Software Lead Engineer, you will:
* Responsible for day-to-day execution and work assignments to the development team
* Support cross-functional coordination within the team and other product areas
* Focus development product objectives to meet the Multi-Generational Technology Plan (MGTP) / Multi-Generational Product (Development) Plan (MGPP) as advised by department's Architect, and interaction with third-party suppliers
* Functionally report to the Engineering Technical Manager.
* Lead team and activities by technically contributing to perform the following:
* Define / Refine software architecture and software design
* Define / Refine interface requirements
* Define / Refine software requirements, test cases and test procedures
* Define / Refine software implementation
* Develop software test applications
* Execute software integration activities
* Accountable for project execution including scope, schedule, cost, technical and quality for work product and communicate development progress through earned value metrics.
* Interface across GE Global sites
* Execute the platform software reuse strategies and processes
* Execute trade studies related to software technologies such as operating systems, hypervisors, and tools
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university
* Minimum of 6 years of experience with a DO-178B / C Level D or higher software development program (Including verification process knowledge of DO-178B / C DAL B or higher)
* Minimum of 8 years of software engineering experience with a high degree of focus on real-time embedded systems for avionics platforms
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This position requires access to controlled technology. To abide by Export Compliance regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Experience in a development role for a DO-178B / C project
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher (GE Employees only)
* Knowledge in Real-time Operating Systems and Hypervisor technologies
* Experience in full life cycle software development
* Experience in working with a global development team including both GE and Preferred Suppliers
* Proven track record of accomplishments and meeting cost / schedule targets
* Proven team building and problem-solving abilities
* Strong in-depth knowledge of avionics products
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
* Master's Degree from an accredited university or college
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
p>As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University. Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.