6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with -defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Engineer will be a member of a engineering team that designs, develops, integrates and tests embedded applications that reside on Aircraft Health Management System, a key component of the GE Aviation Digital organization’s product strategy for both commercial and military customers.
The role provides a unique opportunity to perform both individual contributor and team leadership responsibilities, leveraging your expertise to not only develop solutions to complex technical challenges but also become an active leader on the team.
In addition, you will :
* Develop embedded for Vehicle Health Services functional applications
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Execute tasks throughout the development life cycle while adhering to business standards, best practices, and product / program requirements
* Produce design, code, and tests that implement requirements with simplicity, innovation, and efficiency
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
* Apply Root Cause Analysis Techniques to support & drive resolution of complex & challenging issues
* Respond to internal and external customer support requests
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, both to team members and to leadership
* Actively improve the SW development processes and applications
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in the field of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 4 years development and / or test experience
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Enthusiasm for engineering and related technology
* Dedicated & enthusiastic approach to self-improvement & personal growth / development
* Proficiency in programming languages, including: C / C++ (embedded SW development), and Python
* Experience with RTOS, including Linux and general Linux security model concepts
* Familiarity & expertise with build tools and compilers, including: gcc, make, buildroot
* Strong Linux debugging experience: gdb (individual applications), BDI (kernel & drivers)
* Virtual Machine and code management familiarity (GIT / SVN / etc.)
* Familiarity with data acquisition and sampling theory concepts
* Familiarity with Onboard Maintenance Systems (OMS) concepts
* Experience with space/time partitioning concepts and ARINC-653
* Experience planning development work
* Working knowledge of DO-178B / C certification objectives
* Strong team working skills
* Minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.