9 months ago
This role will be a member of an engineering team that designs, develops, integrates and tests embedded applications, a key component of the GE Aviation Digital organization’s product strategy.
The role provides opportunity to leverage your expertise to develop solutions to complex technical challenges, and be an active voice in product development and delivery.
In addition, you will :
* Develop embedded functional applications
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Execute tasks throughout the development life cycle while adhering to business standards, best practices, and product / program requirements
* Produce design, code, and tests that implement requirements with simplicity, innovation, and efficiency
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
* Apply Root Cause Analysis Techniques to support & drive resolution of complex & challenging issues
* Respond to internal and external customer support requests
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, both to team members and to leadership
* Actively improve the SW development processes and applications
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or OR relevant experience
* A minimum of 3 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Enthusiasm for engineering and related technology
* Dedication to self-improvement & personal growth / development
* Proficiency in programming languages, including: C / C++ (embedded SW development), and Python
* Experience with RTOS, including Linux and general Linux security model concepts
* Familiarity & expertise with build tools and compilers
* Strong Linux debugging experience
* Virtual Machine and code management familiarity
* Familiarity with data acquisition and sampling theory concepts
* Familiarity with Onboard Maintenance Systems (OMS) concepts
* Experience with space/time partitioning concepts
* Experience planning development work
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. This role will support a Joint Venture site (Avionica, LLC) in Miami, Florida, and will be eligible to participate in the site's localized incentive plan.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Florida; Miami
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.