The Developer/Analyst, Lead works in the Information Technology organization and is responsible for the development and support of software applications. The Developer/Analyst, Lead works on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) as a high level technical expert in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software in support of a very complex business model. The Developer/Analyst, Lead plans a key role in mentoring the software development staff and communicating with the business community and offshore development resources. The Developer/Analyst, Lead has deep technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of the business application of software solutions.
25%: Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Coding of new software applications and/or the modification of existing software applications. This will entail the review and understanding of project scope, requirements, project design and the I.T development life cycle. The D/A, Lead will also be required to perform code reviews and provide high level estimates on with limited information supporting the project governance process.
25%: Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Support (issue resolution) of existing software applications. Any newly created or modified applications will require support time to correct software bugs. Must respond quickly to critical issues.
20%: Support of new and existing software. Analysis (scope and requirements) and Design. The D\A, Lead will also have involvement with requirements gathering, documenting requirements and design creation. This may include leading (guiding and mentoring) a team of Developers in the design phase.
15%: Interaction\/communication with business users and off shore resources. The D\A, Lead will be required to communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews and prototype presentations, etc. Communication to lead and support offshore development resources will also be required.
15%: Will provide technical and process coaching\/mentoring of staff members including off shore resources. The D\A, Lead will have the responsibility of assisting other team members in the understanding of processes and technologies. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent.
Additional supporting information:
* Will provide technical design for projects.
* Provide technical assistance with environment setup\configuration.
* Provide guidance regarding tech-related processes such as development builds, testing, etc.
* Liaison for information\direction regarding process or technical changes within the organization (i.e.: build procedures, coding standards, etc...)
* Review prototypes.
* Provide technical and process mentoring.
* Perform code reviews.
* Estimate project work. Review project estimates of team members.
* Design and estimation for pre-governance AFE work.
* Assist Project Manager in finalizing project schedule.
* Could be involved with several projects at one time in regards to design and support.
* Will NOT manage people.
* Develop technical direction for the project and ensure technical quality of the code delivered.
Education level: Bachelor's Degree
Course of Study/Major: Information Systems or Computer Science
Related Work Experience: 8-12 years
-Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with the following:
- JAVA (J2EE Entity and Stateless Session Beans, J2EE Security, JSP, Servlets)
Considerable experience with the following tools\technologies or equivalent:
- Clear Case - source code version control
- GIT - source code version control
- IntelliJ - IDE
Experience with Websphere application servers.
NetJets is an Equal Opportunity Employer