about 1 year ago
In the role of Lead Commodity Management Specialist, you will negotiate with dedicated providers according to specific policies. Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of purchasing and sourcing concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of purchasing concepts in order to help drive supplier performance.
The Lead Commodity Management Specialist will :
* Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels
* Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers
* Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement
* Manage claims
* Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, this may also include purchasing activities
* Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements
* Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels
* Communicate across direct organization
* Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy
* Assists in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice
* Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain
* Advise Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within own field
* Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Commodity Management, Sourcing, or Procurement
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay, Middle River Aircraft Systems (MRAS) operates a 1.7 million square feet facility on 180 acres. One of the country's biggest suppliers of aircraft during World War II, today MRAS is dedicated to meeting the aircraft industry's specialized needs.
MRAS works with the industry's major airframers and engine producers to design, build and support the structures that complement their products. MRAS is one of the world's leading suppliers of jet engine thrust reversers -- the brakes of a jet engine - providing reversers for both General Electric and Pratt & Whitney, the world's largest aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also produces a variety of specialized structures for major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Lockheed Martin for both commercial and military aircraft. In addition to design and manufacturing, MRAS provides overhaul and repair services for a variety of aerostructures. Aftermarket and support customers include nearly every major domestic commercial airline and many international airlines. Our maintenance team, combined with our spare parts distribution center, keeps customers flying around the world. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.