11 months ago
The Boeing Company is Seeking a Lead Avionics Support Equipment and Design Engineer
We are at an exciting point on the C-17 Program where we are building the next generation of our Avionics and Flight Controls team to enable Boeing to enhance and sustain the C-17 Weapon System for the coming decades. Those who have joined our team have had the opportunity to learn from the most senior members of our engineering staff and have been able to accelerate quickly to become key players in the organization.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Here, you'll work alongside more than 170,000 exceptional people-each focused on bringing great products and services to market. These could range from new cyber security solutions to the revolutionary 787 Dreamliner and innovative satellite technology.
Located in more than 70 countries, Boeing is comprised of one of the most diverse, talented, and innovative workforces you will find anywhere. More than 140,000 of our people hold degrees from approximately 2,700 colleges and universities worldwide. Their expertise and knowledge represent virtually every business and technical field. By building a career at Boeing, you'll have the opportunity to grow your skills, create relationships around the world and help shape the future of aerospace.
Tasks will include:
* Leads work with customers and suppliers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements on the
C-17 Automated Test Equipment (CATE) and multi-purpose automated test equipment.
* Leads testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are
* Works with others to develop program test strategies.
* Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
* Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
* Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
* Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
* Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* The candidate must be able to maintain a large hardware and software lab with very little direction.
* Must have experience with working with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the United States Air Force
* The candidate must have experience using TestStudio, National Instruments LabWindows C for Virtual Instrumentation
(CVI), Abbreviated Test Language for All Systems (ATLAS), optical test equipment, and experience with intermediate level
Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and Test Program Set (TPS) development.
* Extensive experience with the capabilities and programming of common and avionics-unique instruments and AC/
DC power supplies, digital Input/Output, digital buses, digital to analog converters, arbitrary waveform generators,
oscilloscopes, and video devices is also required.
* Engineering experience working in a lab environment.
* 1+ years of experience leading engineers.
* 3+years of experience with Avionics and/or Electrical systems.
* Experience in the operation, integration, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of automatic test equipment.
* Support equipment experience.
* Experience in laboratory operations.
* Experience managing a laboratory environment.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. You must currently reside in the Oklahoma City area (where relocating would not be required) or be willing to relocate at your own expense.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award