9 months ago
Performs Avionics Installations from all major avionics manufactures on multiple business aviation airframes.
Primary airframes at StandardAero include: Dassault Falcon Jets, Bombardier and Lear Jets airframes, Beechcraft Hawker and Embraer Legacies.
Uses sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding, planning, sequence and techniques, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. The Avionics Lead Installer is technically competent, works independently, and is expected to be able to accomplish the vast majority of duties with minimal supervision. Must be skilled managing and directing personnel, planning avionics installations and leading a crew of installers. Oversight of work performed, with guidance and instruction on proper procedures and techniques. The Avionics Lead Installer will report directly to the Avionics Crew Chief and must be able to take and follow instructions/directions and accept constructive feedback to improve performance. As customers are onsite at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
• Responsible for planning avionics installations and monitoring work assignments.
• Supervises and provides technical guidance to technicians on modification projects, including service bulletins, directives and enhancements. Must be up-to-date on scope of required maintenance/projects for customers and coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround.
• Orders all parts required after the job has arrived. Ensures all scrap parts and repairable parts are returned to their respective areas on a daily basis in accordance with the Inspection Procedure Manual.
• Responsible for all paperwork from the beginning of the job to completion. Daily job cards are to be signed-off and returned to the Production Support Department. Daily input into the computer system is required.
• Informs the Avionics Crew Chief of problems and work status so that communications with the customers are timely and complete.
• Performs final “walk around” to ensure aircraft cleanliness and readiness for departure. Reviews workbook for sign-offs and parts issues after departure, but prior to closing in the inspection department.
• Responsible for working with the Inspection department to ensure quality standards are met.
• Assures that crew members are well trained on assigned aircraft, and/or modification requirements. Responsible for On-the-Job Training of all technicians assigned during the course of the job.
• Performs “hands on” avionics installations as required to assure an on-time departure and customer satisfaction.
• Supports and adheres to safety, environmental and general housekeeping policies. Is proactive in the area of safety; promotes safe work habits to the crew, monitors the work environment for safety hazards and takes steps to address/remove hazards.
• Ensures proper tooling is used, safe, and within calibration.
• Ensures that all technical manuals have the latest revisions.
• Interprets and performs complex avionics troubleshooting, using all available resources, including manufacturer’s field engineers.
• Coordinates with engineering and outside vendors during installations. Monitors and controls costs to positively impact profitability. Orders parts and organizes received equipment, as needed.
• Performs post-installation test flights, when necessary.
• Maintains the standards of test equipment and technical publications in the Avionics Department to comply with FAA regulations.
• Answers technical questions for customers calling in from the field.
• Supervises and assists in shop organization of personnel during installation modifications.
• Provides oversight, guidance, and assistance to less senior employees in the department in regard to proper mechanical procedures and techniques.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other StandardAero facilities as required.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• Performs other duties as required by the department. Position Requirements • High School Diploma or equivalent.
• FCC license preferred.
• A&P certificate preferred.
• Formal/Military avionics systems education and electronics training required.
• 10+ years avionics experience required; Avionics Installation experience preferred.
• Previous leadership experience preferred
• Competent with aircraft internet/Satcom systems.
• Competent with avionics systems from multiple manufactures.
• Competent with use of avionics test equipment.
• Competent with Lap Top interface to aircraft systems.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
• Must be able to think clearly, and speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
• Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.
• Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
• Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
• Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.