4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Additive Technology Center - Lead ATC Additive Engineer develops and transitions new materials and manufacturing processes for prototype, test and production hardware used for critical NPI programs. The Lead ATC Additive Engineer will demonstrate leadership in executing business and program goals for additive manufacturing process development and improvement. In this role, you will utilize engineering and manufacturing expertise to solve problems and advance the art of additive technology.
In the role of Lead ATC Additive Engineer, you will utilize engineering and manufacturing expertise to solve problems and advance the art of additive technology
In addition, The Lead ATC Additive Engineer will:
* Work in a hands-on environment to develop new and improved processes for additive manufacturing technology
* Lead execution of in- house process improvement DOEs
* Produce prototype and low rate production hardware and transition new, turn-key processes into Supply Chain shops
* Lead engineer will be expected to interact with Design, MPED, Quality, external Supply Chain vendors and equipment manufacturers
* Execute the design, analysis or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma / GED a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, Cpk, ANOVA)
* Experience performing design of experiments and associated documentation
* Experience working on Government Funded programs, Government Property, Military Engines
* Experience working in Design Engineering (NX, Analytical tools, Jet Engine Design)
* Fluency in geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T)
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.