9 months ago
Laser Optics Integration Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58497BR Date posted 12/21/City Chula Vista
The Aerostructures division of United Technologies Aerospace Systems is seeking an exceptional candidate to fill the role of Laser and Optical Integration Engineer. They will be responsible for investigating and developing industry-leading laser/ optical systems and components for application on a variety of manufacturing processes that produce commercial aircraft nacelle components. The candidate will drive implementation of future laser systems for existing and future nacelle products.
- Lead design and deployment of innovative laser optical systems to enable a variety of new capabilities and engineering expertise at Aerostructures.
- Develop of state of the art laser analytical tools & methodologies to enable expansion of current and new laser systems and capabilities across Aerostructures.
- Work closely with Aerostructures New Programs and Operations to support production implementation of new systems
The position will be within the Aerostructures R&D group but involve significant collaboration with Aerostructures Operations, New
Qualification: Required skills:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the field of lasers ranging from fiber, UV, CO2, etc.
- Proven capability in field of optics and optical elements.
- Experience working with motion control systems ranging from lab environment to production scale.
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measureable benefit to our customer and business.
- Familiarity in designing optical systems and working with ZEMAX software
- Experience with product development and stage-gated processes.
- Superior oral and written communication, teaming and the demonstrated ability to understand strategic and business implications of proposed solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project and familiarity with ACE tools to drive continuous improvement.
Preferred skills: Experience of aerospace structures and systems.
Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Product Development. Continuous Improvement/ACE knowledge
Education: At a minimum, the successful candidate will have a BS degree in Engineering with 6-10 years working with lasers and optics including integration and analysis, MS with 4-7 years or Ph.D. with 2-4 years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.