7 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Development test engineering
Lab Test Engineer
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
The primary responsabilities of this position is to lead and manage the laboratory processes. Responsible for all aspects associated with the laboratory which includes and is not limited to testing activities, maintenance of the equipment, safety plan and including on-site support during testing. Expected to provide direction to less experienced engineers and interact with end customer on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares, plans and executes test plans and standard test procedures
• Develops/Maintains proper documentation of the Lab procedures
• Researchs, acquires and extracts technical data from equipment specs, installation manuals, and engineering definition to develop necessary testing and reporting
• Prepares test reports
• Assures operation and maintainance of test equipment
• Troubleshoots and identifies reason for equipment malfunction
• Runs computer simulations
• Conducts and supports tests
• Records and analyzes data
• Plans, sets up and undertakes controlled experiments and trials.
• Obtains and controls test samples
• Oversees maintainance, calibration and testing of the lab equipment
• Presents results to senior staff and customers
• Writes reports, reviews and summaries
• Keeps up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
• Orders and maintains lab supplies
• Oversees organization of the Lab and 5S
• Manages inventory of the Lab
• May be designated to review, check, and approve deliverables from other peers.
• Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
• Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods of time and may include occasional travel between facilities/buildings.
• Perform equipment maintenance. Climb stairs, steps, ramps; crawl in tight spaces
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lab Test setting environment with moderate to high noise, exposure to chemicals, machine shop processes, electrical testing, etc.
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• 6-9 years experience in an Engineering Lab environment.
• 3-5 years performing testing and analyzing results.
• 5 years of experience in Aerospace Industry.
• Advanced knowledge on Lab equipment
• Advanced knowledge of FAA or other regulatory agency guidance related to testing requirements
• Proficient in ISO17025 and other applicable industry standards
• Advanced working knowledge of configuration management
• Advanced understanding of product lifecycle management
• Ability to effectively communicate, work and lead in a team environment to assure schedules
• Ability to work independently without appreciable direction
• Ability to work with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and FrameMaker desired, CATIA V5 experience desired, Labview
• Fluent in English (Written and verbal).
• Project management
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Safran Electrical & Power offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
North America, United States, Washington, Everett
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years