6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Specialist position in Coatings development group will be responsible for supporting manufacturing, testing, and analysis to mature coating technologies for aero-engines. The successful candidate is expected to operate in a cross-functional team environment consisting of designers, materials engineers, specialists, and technicians.
The candidate must display creative problem solving skills and have the capability of operating in an unstructured environment where job objectives are provided but prescriptive instructions are open to the individual.
In addition you will :
* Perform assigned tasks including definition, approach, analysis, review, and implementation - on schedule and within budget
* Make technical decisions by applications of specialized knowledge / skills
* Recommend technical approach, required resources, and schedule interfaces with other Engineering Departments, Centers of Excellence, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, Global Research Center, and Suppliers as required
* Interface with customer organizations to assure requirements are met
* Leverage prior work where appropriate
* Communicate status and problems to project leaders and management
* Document results, participate in program reviews, and prepare invention disclosures where appropriate
* Provide training and direction to technicians
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of manufacturing or shop experience)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT : This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
* Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience - preferably working manufacturing processes (i.e. industrial thermal spray)
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.