3 months ago
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains Lab processes to achieve compliance to AS9100/ ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and customer requirements. Reviews and approves test plans, test set-ups; and test reports and supports test execution activities. Achieves quality improvements by utilizing statistical and analytical methodologies. Coordinates and guides technical evaluations, analysis, and processes to ensure business unit quality objectives are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* • Defines and maintains Lab quality management processes and procedures in compliance with AS9100/ ISO 9001 and ISO 17025, customer and regulatory requirements
* • Reviews and approves test plans, test set-ups; and test reports
* • Supports test execution activities as well as support activities required to prepare lab for test execution activities.
* • Interfaces with Engineering to ensure test methods, processes and components are in accordance with customer requirements and the QMS. Makes recommendations for process improvements, and data collection
* • Performs measurement uncertainty analysis and helps with sampling plans
* • Develops control charts and statistical process controls for the tests
* • Performs, monitors and documents in-process checks, and quality related audits of the lab.
* • Reports any deviations, non-conformances, product, or in-process issues to Quality management.
* • Leads the root-cause analysis and corrective action process of test failures including identification of action plans, follow up, and verification of effectiveness of the actions taken
* • Maintains test records in accordance with the Division's Quality Management System.
* • Supports Internal, and Supplier Audits as required
* • Troubleshoot/ Analyze products being returned from airline customers for failure to understand root cause and drive resolution of failures.
* • Creates and defines lab quality performance data for communication and identification for quality improvement and customer satisfaction and Prepares input data for Management Reviews; and monitor actions
* • Supports risk assessments
* • Supports continuous improvement activities
* • Regular, predictable attendance is required
* • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
* • Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical/engineering discipline,
Minimum of 1 year experience in a laboratory or laboratory setting
Experience in Aerospace Quality Systems preferred
Auditor experience preferred
Knowledge of ISO 17025, and AS9100/ ISO 9001
Demonstrated experience with Statistical Quality Control and data analysis; such tasks as frequency distribution, statistical process control, design of experiments, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
Minitab software experience preferred
Knowledge fundamentals of Measurement uncertainty
Knowledge in using typical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, gages, mics, callipers, etc.)
Knowledge of Test Engineering including test design, test documentation/reporting and test execution
Ability to read, understand and product drawings, and applicable specifications
Troubleshooting and Root cause corrective action knowledge
Working knowledge of electrical systems and electrical components (preferred)
Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to effectively communicate and work within team environment.
Fluent in English (Written and verbal).
Lean Six Sigma - Manufacturing methodology (preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ISO/ AS 9100 Auditor and/or ISO 17025 Auditor (preferred)
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (preferred)
* • This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods of time and may include occasional travel between facilities/buildings
* • May perform equipment maintanence. Climb stairs, steps, ramps; crawl in tight spaces
* • Lab Test setting environment with moderate to high noise, exposure to chemicals, machine shop processes, electrical testing, etc
Safran Electrical & Power offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.