10 months ago
L3 Technologies ESS Inc. (L3 ESS), a division of L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated logistics and system support services providing OEM and third party MRO for a variety of avionics, inertial navigation systems, radars, cockpit displays and other systems. As an aftermarket services provider we provide integrated and performance based logistics support, logistics management, supply chain management and technical solutions for air, land and naval platforms for both defense and commercial applications.
L3 ESS employs highly skilled and experienced personnel, including logisticians, engineers, technologists and technicians and we are now seeking a motivated individual for the Halifax team:
Junior System Engineer Aerospace
Junior Aerospace Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering support to the Canadian Department of National Defence from our Halifax office. The successful candidate must be able to accept work assignments and perform tasks with general oversight and mentoring from senior engineers. The duties include development and maintenance of technical requirements and deliverables, system specifications and interface requirements with different stakeholders and external customers. Design work is typically achieved through our Design Support Network consisting of subcontractors and OEMs.
* Responsible to coordinate, schedule and facilitate all of the activities of the assigned project or service requests. Service requests can be an Engineering Investigation or Engineering Parts Obsolescence & Substitution Study. This includes all activities pertaining to study, planning, prototype design, prototype procurement, prototype installation and fleet installation.
* Ensure full compliance with assigned budget. Monitor budget in accordance with internal and external constraints.
* Perform on-aircraft or simulator testing. Write test procedures and test reports for internal and external use. Updates to Existing Test Procedures. This may include software test programs on Automated test sets.
* Accurately provide and report status on project. Develop, update and monitor risks, issues and schedules. Update plans as necessary and justify variances
* Drive subcontractor solutions, schedules, and deliverables to align with project goals.
* Understanding of and ensure compliance with L3 ESS Ethics, Airworthiness, Engineering, and company procedures
* Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)
* Requires 1 to 5 years professional experience
* Experience & Interest in integrated avionics or aerospace systems essential. Knowledge of RF theory and Electronics
* Experience or interest in an In-Service Support role on a Royal Canadian Air Force aircraft.
* Familiarity and interest with the Canadian DND project management
* Must have demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* He or she should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be eligible for Canadian Industrial Security Clearance, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Controlled Goods Regulations Program (CGRP) government clearances.
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance.
The successful applicant can expect to enjoy L3 ESS’s 9/80 Work Schedule—2 weeks’ work scheduled into 9 work days, resulting in every other Friday off. A comprehensive benefits package is also included.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Restricted
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Electronic Systems