about 1 year ago
Job Code :
Hauppauge NY US 11788
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks” and the World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies.
HEICO is currently recruiting a Junior Help Desk Technician for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Hauppauge, NY.
Provides tier 1 support for local and remote users. Maintains the desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and assisting in supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. Responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment.
Responsibilities Include but is not limited to:
1. Interacts with employees to resolve basic help desk issues and communicates with employees in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
2. Monitor helpdesk ticketing system for tickets assigned to the queue and processes first-in first-out based on priority.
3. Modifies configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstations.
4. Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic issues with laser printers.
5. Maintain computers at each workstation to ensure they are fully functional.
6. Installs, tests and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
7. Ability to determine when to escalate issues to tier 2 support.
8. Manages PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
9. Performs timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
10. Provide remote support at all hours for international users.
11. Assists with the creation of new hire telephone and voicemail extensions, routing extensions to appropriate locations and updating information as employee assignments changes.
12. Assists to maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
13. Assigns users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
Job Requirements :
* Basic knowledge in Active directory desired (reset passwords, disable users and update records)
* Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
* Strong customer service skills required.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on providing customer service to internal customers
* Ability to plan, organize, multi task & prioritize efficiently with strong time management skills
* Ability to work under pressure in fast pace environment
* Familiarity with basic networking terminology and concepts required.
* Experience or training in computer hardware and software support with Windows Operating Systems is desirable
* Knowledge of Infor’s Syteline ERP a plus but is not required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience required for troubleshooting and provide training.
* Knowledge of Office 365 a plus, but not required.
* Ability to handle customer issues at the customer’s physical location within the building
* Ability to lift and set up equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
* Provide Occasional support after hours to international locations.
* Occasional travel when needed
Experience & Education Required:
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
* A+ certification is a plus but not required
* 2 years of relevant technical experience
No relocation will be provided.
Seal Dynamics offers growth opportunity, competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.