8 months ago
The Tax Staff is responsible for quarterly and annual tax compliance for the various business lines that are wholly-owned subsidiaries of a company whose stock is publicly-traded.
* Ability to acquire a deep knowledge of MIC Global Services operational procedures and policies.
* Ability to work with direct supervision and work productively in a team environment.
* Ability to work diligently to meet deadlines, which requires flexibility in work schedule.
* Works and communicates with Management to meet their needs in a cooperative manner.
* Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently across the team.
* Maintain high level of customer service.
Primary responsibilities are for federal and state income tax compliance/tax returns. Additional duties include oversight for excise taxes, and sales and use taxes matters. The position requires working with the Tax Managers in Plano, TX. Specific duties will include:
* Quarterly estimated tax filings and payments.
* Preparation of federal proforma income tax returns for consolidation with parent-company.
* Preparation of state income tax returns.
* Identify opportunities for minimizing state and local taxes.
* Prepare the Texas and Florida sales and use tax returns
* Prepare the annual excise tax returns required to comply with the ACA
* Run the fixed asset reports maintained by the company to ensure the proper calculations for tax, including E&P depreciation.
* Assist the Tax Managers with state audits as needed
* Ensure that established Sarbanes Oxley controls and processes are followed, including timely signoff on balance sheet reconciliations, check lists, quarterly roll forwards, etc. as well as periodic updates of internal control process narratives.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or CPA eligible preferred but not required.
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in tax.
* Familiarity with CorpTax tax and provision software and strong Excel skills a plus.
* Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines, efficiently and accurately.
* Ability to work well with people at all levels, inside and outside the company
* Minimum of 18 years of age.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good organizational skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.