3 months ago
This position will direct, create and provide operations and safety training curriculum and programs. Implement new and established safety training processes through various delivery platforms. Sets performance metrics and evaluates productivity. Provide regional risk management support to Fixed Base Operations by implementing established risk management programs and policies of Atlantic including safety audits, safety/loss control training (management, safety/training coordinators and LST), and claim management encompassing initial investigation to settlement negotiation and closure of all claims (all lines of cover). Position ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA and other state/federal regulation guidelines. This position will be located in our Plano, TX Location.
* Providing exceptional Customer Service to the employees and managers of Atlantic.
* Constantly representing Atlantic in a positive and professional manner.
* Complying with corporate policies and procedures.
* Interacting with other Atlantic employees, customers, vendors and managers in a courteous, approachable, professional and genuine demeanor.
* Communicating work progress and significant issues to the Vice President of Risk Management and Director of Operational Risk and Safety.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Directs and administers operations and safety training for Atlantic Aviation
* Serves as the Training Plan Administrator.
* Provide on-site safety and risk support for scheduled Atlantic events
* Works closely with Director of Learning & Development on implementation of safety training curriculum and programs into Atlantic Academy.
* Serves as a central channel for the regional safety team on all training related matters.
* Administers various risk management/safety plans and procedures, and works directly with Regional, General Managers, and Safety/Training Coordinators to assist them in their responsibilities on risk management matters. Assists managers and employees with interpreting and complying with policies and applicable State law.
* Developing safety and loss control programs to minimize the financial and operational impact resulting from accidental losses and claims against the company.
* Investigates every worker’s compensation claim working closely with Workers Compensation Manager and designated safety coordinators and to ensure questionable or lost time claims are immediately flagged and risk controls are implemented.
* Respond to all OSHA communication whether it is a complaint, citation or site visit.
* Training of designated safety/training coordinators (new and continued development).
* Conduct risk audits/assessments and developed loss control action plans for locations.
* Monitor the process for reporting of all losses via the company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for implementation of risk/safety policies and procedures.
* Respond to all inquiries received from claimants, adjusters, legal counsel and company personnel in a professional and timely manner.
* Consults with legal counsel as appropriate and only as directed by the VP of Risk Management and Safety on risk management matters.
* Performs training to respective locations in the areas of risk management to include safety and loss control.
* Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of region in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning safety.
* Partners with employees and managers to communicate Risk Management policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
* Willingness to attend appropriate educational seminars with the intention of gaining practical and current risk management knowledge
* Performs other related duties as assigned by the VP- Risk Management and Safety, Atlantic Aviation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
* 5 – 8 Years of Risk Management or Safety experience.
* Operation experience preferred but not required.
* General knowledge of the principles and practices of Risk Management administration.
* Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of Risk Management.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff and employees.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
* Technical software skills and experience: Microsoft Office.
* Travel may be required up to 40-50%.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment