7 months ago
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in the industry? Did you ever wish that you could work for a company where you could grow your career? If so, Atlantic Aviation just may be the employer for you!
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation operates the country's largest premier network of fixed base operations (FBO). With over 65 FBOs in 31 states, Atlantic provides a wide range of aircraft ground handling services including fueling and line services, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp space. Our dynamic growth and outstanding customer service continue to set us apart in the aviation industry. Customer satisfaction remains at the forefront at every location. All our associates receive extensive professional training, so customers can be assured of the same high level of service, no matter which Atlantic facility they choose.
We are seeking self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal oriented individuals for immediate openings as an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the safety, productivity, service levels and overall operational efficiency of the FBO Line Department. These responsibilities will also include some oversight of the Customer Service Department with emphasis on the coordination and effective communication between that department and the Line Department. General duties include (but are not limited to):
* Directly manages all FBO Line Supervisors, CSR Supervisors and indirectly other various operational employees.
* Develop and maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive and enjoyable work environment.
* Ensure that departments and personnel have adequate resources and inventory to maintain safe and efficient operations, while facilitating a high level of customer service.
* Ensure that all employees are properly trained with appropriate documentation to evidence such training as recommended in NATA’s “Safety First” procedures.
* Conduct regular performance reviews of direct reports, while counseling, motivating and disciplining them as appropriate.
* Organize periodic departmental meetings and design other communication flows between staff and management.
* Coordinate facility maintenance and improvement initiatives.
* Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
* Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
* NATA Certification.
* At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in FBO Management, the airline industry or the equivalent in an aviation related field. Demonstrated ramp operations and management capability.
* Aptitude in supervising and developing staff.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral.
* Consistently demonstrated good organizational and leadership skills.
* Participation in Atlantic Leadership Training.
* Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Customer relations skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration; chemicals including aviations fuels, oils and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.