about 1 year ago
The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the assigned facility’s mechanical systems, grounds and appearance, assuring a high level of quality and safety.
• Supervise and facilitate performance of Facility Maintenance personnel.
• Strong working knowledge mechanical systems including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection.
• Knowledge of all safety standards for working in and around aircraft and facilities.
• Responsible for his/her personal safety as well as the safety and care of all assigned personnel, equipment and supplies.
• Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations including AOA operations and airport security requirements.
• Ensure all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as appropriate rules and regulations (ex. OSHA, local and state laws).
• Create, implement and maintain high levels of safety and customer service.
• Application of the principles of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
• Communication of work progress and significant issues with the General Manager.
• Function as a Facility Maintenance worker when needed.
• Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
• Ensure proper staffing and delegate work assignments for all Facility Maintenance workers. Ensure that timely service meets customer (both internal and external) expectations.
• Train, coach, evaluate, and develop new hire employees in accordance with established procedures.
• Enforce company policy and procedures. Administer disciplinary action as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
• Understand the financial impact of department’s activities as well as the annual budget process. Work closely with the General Manager to ensure maintenance activities are within the facility’s budget.
• Maintain facilities HVAC systems, make repairs or recommend repairs to General Manager.
• Coordinate the use of outside vendors and contractors for various repairs. Solicit bids for work, submit to the General Manager for review and coordinate the selection process.
• Oversee selected vendors and monitor performance.
• Repair and maintain lighting systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, Fire Protection and Alarms.
• Maintain and restock Safety Stations, ensuring compliance with OSHA requirements.
• Maintain hangars floors and coatings. Make recommendations on repairs to General Manager.
• Monitor and maintain hangar door motors, controls and safety alarms.
• Provide general maintenance of facility’s fuel farm ensuring safety, quality control and placard compliance.
• Maintain fuel farm inspection and quality assurance records.
• Keep records of all facility maintenance performed. Make recommendations to General Manager on mechanical systems scheduled services.
• Coordinated the use of contractors for facility repairs as needed.
• Inspect outside structures and systems such as lighting fixtures, pavement condition, security gates and fences, signs and utility services. Make repairs as necessary.
• Responsible for facility’s safety compliance with OSHA regulations regarding mechanical systems.
• Oversee grounds keeping activities and contractor (where applicable).
• Provide light vehicle maintenance when necessary.
• Maintain and control disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with EPA rules and regulations.
• Perform periodic checks of all equipment and facilities and document findings.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
• Three (3) years of facilities management experience.
• Experience with HVAC systems, general building repair, electrical and plumbing.
• Working knowledge of appropriate local, state and federal building codes.
• Working knowledge of HAZMAT and MSDS procedures/protocols.
• High school graduation.
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Consistently demonstrated good organizational and leadership skills.
• Must maintain a valid state driver’s license.
• Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors.