6 months ago
The Airline industry is constantly changing and Delta Air Lines is at the forefront of the evolution of how the consumer buys and interacts with the products and services available to them. The Java Developer will provide technical expertise to enable solutions that comprehend and specify business, application and data designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the way the customers interact and buy Delta Vacations packages through the various channels.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Your primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug applications and perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code).
- Give input into technical direction for initiatives or projects integrating with other systems with concrete examples from past experiences.
- Provides input in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals
- Participates in code reviews
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time for the first 6 months.
- At least 2 to 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical field.
- Must be able to work well both independently, and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and takes initiative
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including RESTful APIs and microservices, and SOA services
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, SIT, UAT, and Production environment
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Experience working in an Agile team along with DevOps is preferred but not required.
- Experience with the travel industry is also preferred but not required.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.