9 months ago
IT Manager (Corp)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
IT Manager (Corp)
The IT Manager will be responsible for ensuring our IT processes are supported, executed and continuously improving. This role will manage a team as well as work with other departments to develop solutions that meet the needs of our ever-evolving business to ensure our employees have the best work environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
* This is a hands-on role both leading a team as well as vendor management, overall operations infrastructure, developing, standardizing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas.
* Strong leadership skills, technical and business acumen and critical thinking to build strong engineering (why engineering and not development or programming) and team capabilities.
* Develop, motivate, and direct staff to create a highly productive team environment.
* Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Develop security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms.
* Develop SOP's and best practices, including written protocols and guidance to staff and end-users.
* Design and implement disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
* Collaborate with global subsidiary IT functions to ensure quality of services and integration needs are met.
* Identify industry best practices in IT project management to ensure that project deliverables are being pursued and accomplished in the most appropriate manner and projects are properly prioritized.
* Assists the Director of IT and team with the design, and ensuring compliance to, related IT governance, Legal and Regulatory required policies and procedures.
* Review content of incident and change request tickets to ensure proper documentation and categorization of incidents.
* Organizes and manages all phases of projects to ensure on-time, scope and within budget. Leads initiatives in planning, developing and executing business process re-engineering activities and creates sustainable, strong and repeatable processes integrated into day-to-day operations.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in IT, including five (5) years as a proven manager.
* Maintains strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
* Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple, complex priorities.
* Must be organized and able to work within tight deadlines.
Manage subordinates supervisory and non-supervisory employees in the assigned IT Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving programs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to think of out of the box.- visionary
* Ability to effectively communicate to users and team members on technical and non-technical subjects.
* Minimal travel to vendors and Company locations may be required.
* On-call responsibilities required.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the company.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Will have required travel to subsidiaries both internationally and domestically.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.