2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
IT Governance Analyst
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking an IT Governance Analyst reporting into our Technology office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
The IT Governance Analyst plays a senior role in advising and supporting IT team members in the design, implementation and monitoring of WestJet’s IT internal controls and IT processes. These controls support compliance to regulatory requirements and standards, corporate policies and promote overall operating effectiveness of the IT department. The IT Governance Analyst III works with IT Management and the IT teams to align IT process and activities with WestJet IT objectives, while effectively and efficiently applying IT controls.
• Research and advise IT leadership on the impacts of current and future mandated IT controls in relation to the operational and organization model
• Facilitate and analyze stakeholder discussions
• Lead the engagement with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to communicate GRC requirements and map out the scope of activities, processes, and deliverables
• Collaborate with leadership on the planning and estimating of business analysis activities including requirements gathering, communication and documentation
• Elicit, interpret, analyze and model business requirements from stakeholders and subject matter experts and document them for review and acceptance
• Develop cross-functional and cross-domain knowledge to be able to support multiple business areas
• Translate GRC requirements into system requirements directly consumable by internal IT groups including architecture, software development, operations, and external vendors. Engage stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop solution options and provide effort estimates
• During implementation, act as a conduit between stakeholders and technical teams to obtain any clarification or translate technical questions or issues into business language for stakeholder input and decisions
• Provide professional assistance for IT compliance audits to be conducted by internal and external audit teams
• Lead IT functional teams in the development, implementation, reporting and measurement of IT controls objectives and activities. Consult in the implementation of polices and procedures to ensure that applied IT controls are effective
• Support subject matter experts in developing and maintaining key control documentation
• Provide professional assistance for IT compliance audits conducted by internal and external audit teams
• Perform process maturity assessments and gap analysis. Develop road maps for overall process improvements and integration to support continual improvements in IT process
• 5-8 years of proven experience in a senior business analyst role supporting information system and process development
• Minimum 3 years' experience working in areas focused on IT process effectiveness such as IT Audit, IT Compliance, Quality Assurance, and/or IT Service Delivery
• University degree in a related field or equivalent additional experience is required
• Strong teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal skills at a management level
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience in managing stakeholder relationships, understanding business priorities, and determining project requirements
• Demonstrated ability to operate under general direction with minimal supervision
• Good planning and time management skills with the ability to handle complexity, ambiguity, and time pressures
• Demonstrated ability to document IT processes including developing workflow activity diagrams
• Demonstrated ability to apply controls to the major IT service management (ITSM) processes and principles (e.g. access management, change management, solution development and operations)
• Demonstrated knowledge of common frameworks and models used for IT GRC, such as CMMI, ITIL, CobIT and Val IT, and methods for applying these in the working environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance related to IT. E.g. Sox, Payment Card Industry Data Standards, PIPEDA
• Certification in PCI DSS (ISA, PCIP) is an asset
• Strong preference for airline or travel industry domain knowledge
• Strong understanding of COTS implementation is an asset
• Knowledge of the BABOK(R) Guide's generally accepted practices for business analysis is an asset
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.