12 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
CIPT Lead, Air Data Sensor Programs
Air Data Sensor Product Line CIPT (Component Integrated Product Team) Lead for SIS-AMFMS Engineering.
Technical leader responsible for the execution of engineering programs for pitot and pitot-static probe product line, and insuring all technical requirements and deliverables are satisfied. This CIPT lead reports to the SIS-AMFMS Air Data Sensors Program Chief, is the primary technical focal point for pitot and pitot-static probe programs, and works in partnership with the PMO, PLM and BD. Responsible for technical, schedule, and budget performance of technical projects/programs, and insures proper demand forecast for resources is established and communicated to the various disciplines. Works with project leadership to resolve roadblocks and technical issues. Ensures timely escalation of technical, budget and schedule issues to the program chief.
• Acts as the technical point of contact for internal and external teams to include the customer, partners and regulatory agencies
• Drives resolution of technical issues
• Ensures the development and maintenance of technical risk analysis methods and gap closure plans
• Directs technical component-level trade studies
• Leads the engineering and development activity to ensure all component requirements are met
• Ensures overall product integration with the customer's system
• Supports definition of program schedule
• Assures technical goals are met on schedule and to cost
• Assures resource demands are estimated, maintained and communicated to the various disciplines
• Ensures lessons learned have been reviewed and captured
• Drives technical execution and decision-making
• Collaborates with program management, engineering management and customer
• Supports internal and external technical, schedule and budget reviews
• Supports design reviews for pitot and pitot-static probe UPI projects
• Supports maintaining reviews in Review Gate Process Tool (RGPT)
• Drive project schedule development to reflect technically sound design approaches
• Overall responsibility for technical execution within agreed-upon cost & schedule
Qualification: Experience/Qualifications Key Attributes
• Position requires strong communication skills and ability to work across the organization and various disciplines including engineering, quality and operations.
• Strong process skills and familiarization with UPPAP and policy deployment
• Strong knowledge regarding use of ACE tools
• BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years of experience
• MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.