3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
The Inventory Control Specialist role is responsible for the day-to-day tactical execution of inventory cycle count and investigation. This includes addressing various inventory discrepancies that are causing system errors, and delivery assurance issues. The Inventory Control Specialist role includes aspects of Inventory batch to batch, plant to plant, and SLoc updates. This role will also improve, quantity and accuracy performance, data gathering, and root cause corrective action analysis associated with Warehouse execution.
* Attend daily operations tier meetings to provide and receive status updates
* Inputting updated inventory into database(s)
* Preparing and verifying requisition of stock items
* Investigate System Inventory Cogi errors
* Maintain awareness of inventories and part requirements
* Update information to maintain accurate inventory records
* Use lean manufacturing tools to improve processes
* Utilize a scan gun to conduct cycle count
* Prepare daily tier meeting metrics as required
* Track cycle count accuracies and position
* Escalate and track issues as required
* Conduct dive into material discrepancies
* Print/Distribute cycle count documents
* Report cycle count performance
* Other related duties as required
* Complete all assigned training as required
* Preferred ERP and/or MRP experience, preferably SAP.
* Strong computer skills; to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Four-year degree required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.