6 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Inventory Asset Manager is responsible for the planning, purchasing and shipping of material for major Cabin Conversions to MRO. As well as inventory control and inventory accuracy.
* Participate in introduction project meetings
* Responsible for the purchase of material and planning of delivery schedule according to project timeline
* Reduce material costs through vendor negotiations and inventory asset management; including identifying inventory surplus opportunities
* Ensure purchases are in line with funding requirements (AFC)
* Follow up on vendors to ensure on time deliveries
* Plan shipments to the MRO in order to meet contractual arrangements
* Ensure material arrives on site and is processed in system
* Participate in internal / external material audits
* Investigate and fix root cause of material deficiencies
* Ensure return of material once project is over, per disposition established lists
* Initiate and/or participate in process improvements.
* Interface with internal customers in different business units.
* Ensure prompt resolution of all snags/problems related to receiving, inspection, and invoicing
* Operate and comply with all necessary SOX requirements.
* Minimum 5 years experience in an airline inventory control position.
* Excellent problem solving skills, preferably involving data analysis.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications and TRAX.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure with shifting priorities.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Solid interpersonal skills and a team player.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills.
* Good working knowledge of airline documentation such as IPC, AMM, and SRM.
* Knowledge of Cabin Interiors, an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Aircraft Maintenance