4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The UTAS Materials Management team in Rome, NY is looking for a highly motivated individual to develop and manage processes and procedures associated with internal and external material logistics. This person will have a primary focus on internal logistics within the Lean Central Supermarket and production cells. This position's main responsibilities are to plan, schedule, and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving to production. This position is also responsible for the daily assignment of work, adherence to policies and procedures of the area, and management of inventory and supermarket logistics. Additionally, the position will be expected to track supermarket performance and drive improvements at the cell level.
* Complete regular cycle counts of inventory
* Compare system inventory counts to physical counts of stock, investigate discrepancies, and adjust or report as needed
* Record inventory data manually, via computer, or handheld electronic device
* Receive, count, and verify incoming orders
* Label stock items with labeling equipment such as identification tags or stamps
* Oversee the kitting process for components
* Distribute products or materials to Material Handler who will distribute to point of use shelves or co-workers
* Assist and direct Material Handler in daily duties
* Process damaged or defective stock per company protocol
* Report malfunctioning or damaged stock-handling equipment to management
* Prepare documents and reports for transactions, cycle counts, or other inventory related requests
* Comply with safety regulations for moving heavy objects and using machinery
* Ensure the central supermarket is clean and well organized
* Assist Materials Team in devising new ways to reduce shrink and maintain inventory control
0-3 years of related experience in manufacturing, distribution or related field.
The candidate should have strong leadership and communication skills.
* Materials planning or logistics experience
* Collaborative, bargaining unit
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Associate's degree, preferrably in Operations Management, Engineering, Business, or Materials Management
* Bachelor's degree is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.