6 months ago
Internship – Project Portfolio Manager
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Responsible and accountable for the management of a small-medium project portfolio (less than $5M) that has some dependencies to other portfolios and business performance outcomes. Project portfolio management centralizes management of processes, methods, and technologies necessary to efficiently and effectively analyze and collectively manage a group of current or proposed statements of work based on numerous key characteristics. The objectives of PPM are to determine the optimal resource mix for delivery and to schedule activities to best achieve an organization’s operational and financial goals while honoring constraints imposed by customers, strategic objectives, or external real-world factors.
Relocation is offered for this position
• Provide Portfolio management and change control - Experience managing portfolio funnel/backlog and prioritization, and change management to maintain consensus among stakeholders and impacted teams. Ensures Portfolio goals align with the strategy of the business and service unit organizations served. Acts as the conduit for effectively channeling the statement of work from external departments to teams responsible for project execution.
• Ability to manage resource allocation and correlate allocations to projects and budgets, and track project budgets and status and identify project status changes that will affect budget and/or resource allocation.
• Communication- fosters honest and transparent communication with stakeholders. Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers to ensure results are achieved. Effectively, professionally and proactively communicates with peers, customers, staff and suppliers regarding Portfolio plans, resource plans, budget and LRBP Plans and operational performance. Ensures transparent and professional communication of SU Portfolio Strategy on a regular basis with details broken down as requested by internal external Customers and effectively communicate with executive management and team members. Ability to negotiate with Senior Management to resolve prioritization, budget and resource conflicts to ensure the highest priority initiatives are funded and delivered.
2-3 years Portfolio/Program Management experience, advanced degree in Business Management, MIS, related disciplines or an equivalent combination required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Has a solid understanding of the principles of Portfolio Management discipline.
• Requires limited instruction for routine work and general instructions for new lines of work or special assignments. Can act on their own when supervision is limited.
• Participates in determining details of assignments to accomplish a wide range of objectives. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Interacts frequently with internal and external personnel and customers. Obtains or provides information on important or sensitive organization matters.
• Strong understanding of SAFe principals and Kanban management required. Understanding of SAFe WSJF desired.
• Highly skilled with primary tools (MS suite or equivalent) a must. Experience with Primavera, SharePoint, Contour, Jama, JIRA and other business tools desirable.
• Located in Englewood, Colorado
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.