4 months ago
Internship – Project Management
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Important Notice: US Persons ONLY, can apply, due to the nature of work being performed!
Relocation is offered for this position
Works with the Customer Solutions Implementation Project Management Organization. Assists with the development of project deliverables and artifacts for small to medium sized projects. Assists with the coordination of operational aspects of ongoing projects. Incorporates changes into project control systems to maintain work statements, costs and schedule baselines.
The Project Management Intern will assist several Implementation Project Managers in project managing customer implementations. The Project Management intern will assist in authoring and creating formal Project Management documentation and deliverables. Artifacts can include, but are not limited to, documenting the Communications Plan and Operating Rhythm, RACI charts, Risk Management Plan, Stakeholder Management Plan, Project Charter, Organizational Structure, and other Project Management artifacts. The intern will create, organize, and maintain a project WIKI site for all project related artifacts. Additionally, the Project Management intern will assist with the documentation of organizational process work flows, sequences, and activities related to the project.
• Assist project managers with all phases of assigned projects by utilizing program and project methodologies as defined by Jeppesen.
• Assist project managers with compilation of information to create communication of project health and status with project teams, stakeholders and sponsors as agreed and identified in project plans.
• Assists project manager with monitoring, tracking, and controlling change to the projects through formal change control management of requirements, configuration, performance measures, cost, schedule, project organization structure, and technology environment (release schedules, infrastructure changes, etc.).
• With guidance, analyzes project performance measures to determine options and appropriate actions to increase project performance.
• Continuously seeks to expand and improve personal knowledge in the area of project management best practices and participates in and promotes the development and adoption of new processes or changes to existing processes within Jeppesen that continue to mature the program/project management discipline.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior working towards a Bachelors degree
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Project management experience or strong desire to learn project management
• Application of basic job principles, theories and concepts
• Ability to solve problems
• Ability to follow established policies and procedures
• Ability to follow directions and execute based on those direction with limited supervision
• Completes tasks on time
• Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors, coworkers and others
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.