7 months ago
Internship- Project Manager 1
Project Management Office, DA&A Execution and Services
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Coordinates project review activity and status reporting for recurring project process and progress documentation. Performs certain project tasks and tracks progress in accordance with accepted project management standards (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards). Develops and applies basic negotiating skills in support of various project tasks. Assists in gathering project-related information to support the creation and production of various reports.
Areas of emphasis may include, but are not limited to: Adherence to and utilization of Program Management Best Practices. Assists in the collection of information to develop project scope, program planning, scheduling, and baseline change management activities, including schedule performance measurement techniques with risk and opportunity analyses. Supports the integration of program plans and schedules, horizontally and vertically, across company functional, product groups, suppliers and partners of moderate complexity with review of proposed changes to the baseline. Gathers information to identify the necessary resources to meet project goals. Monitors project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards. Assists in the development of project communication plans.
Relocation is offered for this position
• Collect and track project data (e.g., cost, schedule, deliverables) to produce standard periodic reports and charts (e.g., resource usage, schedule compliance, agendas, minutes, RIOs) and assist in the review for completeness and accuracy. Position supports action item reporting and coordination of project meetings. Ability to learn Microsoft SharePoint administration.
• Assists with revision control of the integrated program plans and schedule documents.
• Aids with schedule related risk, opportunity, and impact analysis to identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
• Assists in the maintenance of program/project documents on basic program segments, including: Deliverables List, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM), and Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS) in support of program-wide detailed planning and scheduling activities.
• At least 18 years of age at start date
• Currently enrolled in and successfully completed first semester of an accredited college degree program in a related field of study
• Maintainted a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge: Uses sound judgement and decision making to proactively offer observations and take initiative to correct deficiencies. Applies project management practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts as applicable.
• Problem Solving: Collaboratively develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance. Seeks help when appropriate and necessary.
• Discretion: Works under general supervision. Products are reviewed for sound judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Impact: Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve objectives may result in ineffective allocation of additional resources.
• Liaison: Interacts primarily with internal personnel and external customers. Represents the organization on specific projects. Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and through written forms.
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.