3 months ago
Internship – Instructional Designer
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Relocation is offered for this position, when qualified
Participates in the design, development, and evaluation of complex, specialized technical training materials, assessments and programs in a variety of curriculum and interactive formats, employing a systematic methodology and instructional technology. Stays current on industry best practices and applies those to the workplace. Consistently models behavior reflective of team play and corporate values.
• Supports the development of custom training programs in a variety of curriculum and interactive formats, including instructor-led, self-paced paper based, and e-learning formats, employing a systematic methodology and instructional technology.
• In collaboration with subject matter experts and in compliance with the program design and department and industry standards, develops a wide variety of technical training content for both students and instructors, including textbooks, workbooks, job aids, e-learning, videos, instructor guides, Powerpoint presentations, and syllabi.
• Assists in needs and task analysis to identify performance-based training solutions using techniques such as performance analysis, job and task analysis, content analysis, and any other front-end analysis. Documents analysis results as a basis for training design.
• Assists in designing custom technical training programs, including writing clear and measurable performance-based learning goals and objectives, organizing and sequencing content, and building training frameworks.
• Writes practice and feedback opportunities and evaluation questions based on objective domain and level of domain.
• Activates learning through creation of appropriate interactions, activities, and exercises.
• Assists in evaluating training systems. Helps define success criteria in relation to customer and department metrics, and implements and participates in practices necessary to gather and publish reporting criteria.
• Hold or working on a Bachelors or Master’s degree in education, instructional design, or communications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge: Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
• Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance.
• Discretion: Works under general supervision. Products are reviewed for sound judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Impact: Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the allocation of additional resources.
• Liaison: Interacts primarily with internal personnel and external customers. Represents the organization on specific projects.
• Typical Education/Experience: Degree in a related field of study and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification