11 months ago
International Trade Compliance (ITC) Specialist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52787BR Date posted 08/24/City Everett
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for an International Trade Compliance (ITC) Specialist in Everett, WA.
• Be onsite resource for ITC . Conduct periodic compliance training and answer day-to-day compliance questions. Drive monthly leadership meeting around key ITC objectives and initiatives.
• Review business practices, draft or improve ITC procedures, and develop instructional guidelines (particular emphasis on handling controlled technical data in an environment with foreign nationals).
• Provide technical interpretation of the scope of export authorizations and Technology Control Plans (TCP).
• Provide technical interpretation of the scope of export authorizations and Program Control Plans (PCP’s).
• Provide guidance to site functional teams regarding visitor management, technology marking, technology transmission methods, reporting and other administrative requirements for export compliance.
• Assist compliance investigations, disclosures, and audits including remediation activities and corrective action implementation.
• Support the ITC licensing team gathering pertinent information for BIS license applications.
• Serve as the location subject matter expert on Commodity Jurisdiction and classification; commodities, technical data, technology, services, processes, tooling and software pursuant to all applicable Export/Import Laws and Regulations following UTC and UTAS guidelines.
• Identify compliance gaps and recommend corrective actions where appropriate.
• Interact with engineers, product managers, buyers and procurement analysts to obtain information necessary to classify imported parts, components and products.
• Use the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States and apply the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI’s), Section and Chapter Notes and Explanatory Notes to assign HTS classifications.
• Coordinate and communicate with company personnel and customs brokers to avoid delays associated with the clearance of imported goods.
• Respond to daily inquiries from customs brokers regarding IOR, HTS, COO, OGA, ADD/CVD and delivery of imported merchandise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ITAR (Intl Traffics and Arms Regulations)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
• Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Preferred: • Certification in lean manufacturing, a plus
• Experience in the Technology/Software related to the Aerospace industry, a plus.
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
BA/BS degree w/4–7+ years related work experience
MA/MS degree w/2–5+ years related work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.