12 months ago
Keyword: International Trade Compliance Investigator (ITC)
Request Number: LEG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 1044-Itc-Investigations And Audits
Division: Legal Services
Sector: Legal Services
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-22
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: P&WC is looking for an Investigator to join the International Trade Compliance (“ITC”) team in Longueuil. The Investigator’s main mission is to investigate allegations of non-compliance in accordance with established standard work and timeframes, in order to determine if a violation of export control laws occurred. To be part of the team, you must be bilingual with strong communication skills in English and have more than 3 years’ experience in compliance, research, or investigations.
Specific responsibilities of position: As an Investigator, you will be a member of the ITC group and will:
- Investigate allegations of non-compliance with international trade compliance / export laws, regulations, policies or procedures;
- Gather all the relevant facts to determine if a violation of export control laws occurred;
- Conduct interviews of members from different departments across P&WC;
- Draft disclosures to the pertinent government entities;
- Coordinate and lead, as needed, ad hoc teams of business unit personnel, UTC and other UTC aerospace unit personnel struck to investigate, disclose and develop/implement corrective actions.
Qualifications required: - Undergraduate degree with 3 years’ experience in compliance, research, or investigations;
- Bilingualism with strong communication skills in English (mandatory);
- Experience with International Trade Compliance or Export Control (an asset);
- Be detailed-oriented and analytical;
- Be able to work with members of all departments across P&WC.
Field of studies: International Administration, Administration/Commerce, Other related field, Legal, Custom & Traffic, Law
Additional Information: Is being an ITC Investigator at P&WC you next career goal ? You want to demonstrate your abilities to investigate ? You are curious and results-driven ? If so, then this position is for you ! Send your candidacy to our Talent Acquisition Team to take the first step with your new career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.